Today in Foundations, we had an activity analysis lab where we got in groups and presented an activity we chose to our class. We had to break down the activity into steps and describe how they benefitted occupational performance. My activity I picked was making chocolate milk. It seems like an easy activity that is so simple that it doesn't need to be broken down, but it's much more complicated than meets the eye. Performing the activity, my group-mates mentioned things that could make the activity harder.
It's interesting because it seems we take things like this for granted. I make a glass of chocolate milk every morning for breakfast, and doing this activity made me think about what would happen if I all the sudden couldn't do that anymore.
When you analyze an activity, even a simple one like making milk, you realize every little detail that goes into it. Doing this activity opened my mind to how even simple activities can be challenging and how we can adapt the activity to make it harder or easier for our clients.
It's interesting because it seems we take things like this for granted. I make a glass of chocolate milk every morning for breakfast, and doing this activity made me think about what would happen if I all the sudden couldn't do that anymore.
When you analyze an activity, even a simple one like making milk, you realize every little detail that goes into it. Doing this activity opened my mind to how even simple activities can be challenging and how we can adapt the activity to make it harder or easier for our clients.
Comments
Post a Comment